We have been growing and selecting only the finest and sweetest varieties of sweet corn for over 40 years. Planted very early and keeping our plant population low to allow our ears to fill out completely, we also plant sequentially over a three month period giving us a healthy supply of corn from July through September and often into October. We then harvest by hand for less waste and damage to the ears, then promptly cool and load onto our trucks for delivery. With our standards of quality, second to none, our bi-color sweet corn has been the pride of the Minnesota State Fair for roasting for many years.
- Choose ears that feel firm, soild, and filled right to the tip.
- If not using right away, keep the husk on the cob and store in the refrigerator.
- Use fresh sweet corn within 5 days of picking
How to use
- Boiling - remove husk and silk, and place in boiling water for 3-6 minuets
- Grilling - leave the husk on, removing only the outermost layer, and pull silk from tip. Soak corn in water for 5 minutes, then grill over hot coals for 20-25 minutes, turning frequently.
- Microwaving - place 1-4 ears of unhusked corn in microwave, microwave on high for 3-4 minuets. Let cool, husk and enjoy.