The first snow free days in early April are when we begin planting these Red Norland potatoes. With an early planting date and a warm growing season, it's our goal to have these 'Baby Reds' ready for you by the 10th day of July. A light, sandy loam soil close to the Crow River is the only location on our farm that has the ability to produce 'taters.' Of course, they are hand-harvested, washed, cooled to preserve them until they arrive at our markets the next day.
Prep and Storage
- Refrigerate new potatoes if not used within 1-2 days
- Wash gently as the skins of new potatoes is very thin
How to Use
- Prior to skewering for kabobs, steam new potatoes for 10-15 min and let cool to shorten cooking time on the grill
- Roast whole new potatoes in the oven with butter, garlic, and rosemary
- Most of the nutrients are in or near the skin of the potato, peeling is not necessary